FP 2000 & FP 2003 Reformatting when saving

Peter

I have recently updated from FP2000 to FP2003. In FP2000, at
Tools>PageOptions>HTML Source, there is an option to select "When
saving, reformat using the rules below". In FP2003, I am unable to
find a similar option. In FP2003, at Tools>PageOptions>CodeFormatting,
the formatting options are similar to those offered in FP2000, but
there is nowhere to select "When saving, reformat using the rules
below". So that, for example, if I write code in Notepad (which of
course does not follow the formating rules of FP), and then open a web
page in FP2003 at "Code View", and paste that code into the web page,
and then save the page in FP, the coding doesn't reformat. Whereas, if
I do exactly the same thing using FP2000, the coding reformats
properly, according to the rules set at
Tools>PageOptions>CodeFormatting. My question: Is there a way to
instruct FP2003 to reformat pages using the rules set at
Tools>PageOptions>CodeFormatting? Thanks. Peter

Ronx

In FP2003 - I do not know about other versions - there is a "Find in
Navigation" command.
With Navigation view open, right-click the page in the Folder List, choose
Find in Navigation, and it will be highlighted in the Navigation View.

Ron

Peter

Ronx, Thanks for your response. I think I may be misunderstanding your
suggestion, because it doesn't seem to get FP2003 to reformat pages
according to the rules set out at Tools>PageOptions>CodeFormatting, in
the same way that FP2000 does when "When saving, reformat using the
rules below" is selected at Tools>PageOptions>HTML Source. But I will
keep working with it. Peter

Peter

Ronx, Thanks for your response. I think I may be misunderstanding your
suggestion, because it doesn't seem to get FP2003 to reformat pages
according to the rules set out at Tools>PageOptions>CodeFormatting, in
the same way that FP2000 does when "When saving, reformat using the
rules below" is selected at Tools>PageOptions>HTML Source. But I will
keep working with it. Peter

Ronx

Sorry, this response was intended for a different thread, and has nothing to
do with your problem.

As far as "reformatting when saving" is concerned, I don't think FP2003
works that way. I find that to reformat you have to switch to code view,
right-click anywhere and choose Reformat HTML. From then onwards, that page
will reformat according to the rules when saved, until Optimise HTML is used
which then turns off the automatic reformatting.

Ron

"Ronx" <[email protected]> wrote in message
the Folder List, choose Find in Navigation, and it will be highlighted in
the Navigation View.

Peter

Ronx, Thank you! That sounds like just what I have been looking for! Peter

Ronx said:
[In FP2003] as far as "reformatting when saving" is concerned, ... I find that to reformat you have to switch to code view,
right-click anywhere and choose Reformat HTML. From then onwards, that page
will reformat according to the rules when saved, until Optimise HTML is used
which then turns off the automatic reformatting.

Ron
[/QUOTE]