FORMATTING HELP

WeeMann

WeeMann Oct 3, 4:26 pm show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
From: "WeeMann" <[email protected]> - Find messages by this author

Date: 3 Oct 2005 13:26:48 -0700
Subject: HELP NEEDED ONCE MORE
original | Remove | Report Abuse

I booted from CD after making it possible by changing my 1st boot
device to the CD drive in BIOS. After Windows XP SETUP loaded the setup

files is asked me to continue, I did. Then a message popped up saying I

couldnt and it read "Setup did not find hard disk drives installed in
your computer..."

Does anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it. Help would be highly
appriciated.

WeeMann

Yves Leclerc

During your BIOS changes, you somehow "removed" the hard drive from the list
of BOOTing devices. Access the BIOS and make sure that our hard drive is
listed as 2nd or 3rd booting device (if you place the floppy drive as 2nd.)

Pegasus \(MVP\)

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
From: "WeeMann" <[email protected]> - Find messages by this author

Date: 3 Oct 2005 13:26:48 -0700
original | Remove | Report Abuse

I booted from CD after making it possible by changing my 1st boot
device to the CD drive in BIOS. After Windows XP SETUP loaded the setup

files is asked me to continue, I did. Then a message popped up saying I

couldnt and it read "Setup did not find hard disk drives installed in
your computer..."

Does anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it. Help would be highly
appriciated.

WeeMann

Have another look at your BIOS. You probably disabled the hard disk.
You should also watch the BIOS messages at boot time. They always
list the number of disk and CD drives.

NobodyMan

WeeMann Oct 3, 4:26 pm show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
From: "WeeMann" <[email protected]> - Find messages by this author

Date: 3 Oct 2005 13:26:48 -0700
original | Remove | Report Abuse

I booted from CD after making it possible by changing my 1st boot
device to the CD drive in BIOS. After Windows XP SETUP loaded the setup

files is asked me to continue, I did. Then a message popped up saying I

couldnt and it read "Setup did not find hard disk drives installed in
your computer..."

Does anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it. Help would be highly
appriciated.

WeeMann

Is your drive a SATA drive? If so, you'll probably need to load the
SATA (the diskette may be labelled RAID) drivers for your SATA
controller. Setup prompts you to do this at the very start - you'll
have to hit F6 when prompted (right at the first Blue Screen of Setup)
to install the drivers.