form upload problem

threademporium

winxp / windows server / FP extensions installed / using FP2003
http://www.icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm

further to lots previous advice on this forum i have finally got my form to
work - so thank you to all who helped - just a couple of things now to bring
things to a close
I am npw able to get my form to send me an email with all the data required
and the customers uploaded file lands correclty in my _private folder on the
server - is now possible to configure FP or the server to get the uploaded
file sent as an attachment together with email that sends me the form results
- at the moment i get a hyper link on my email with the form results which
when i click on it - produces an error message in my browser telling me i
dont have permission to see the file

Thank you for taking a look at my question

Joyce

Stefan B Rusynko

The FP SE and FP forms handler can not send any attachments with an email
- you need server side code (depends on what your host supports) to do that

To get the uploaded files from the _private folder
- open you online site in FP using File Open Site and entering your domain URL
- then go to the_ private folder and select the uploaded file and use File Export

--

[...]

Thank you for your reply - understood. Could you tell me if there is fix to
view the file that has been uploaded to the _private file by clicking the
hyper link that arrives on the form data in the email i recieve - when i
click on the hyper link i get an error message telling me access is forbidden
- this message was not always appearing - my first attempts to connect to the
image via the hyper link worked - i must have done something to prevent
access but cannt figure out what it was.

Joyce

Ronx

While the file is in the _private folder on a Windows server, you will usually get the 403 (forbidden) error in a browser.
The solution is to save the file in a different folder that is not normally protected.
If a previous attempt worked, then you were logged in at the server.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

Thank you for your reply - understood. Could
you tell me if there is fix to view the file
that has been uploaded to the _private file by
clicking the hyper link that arrives on the
form data in the email i recieve - when i
click on the hyper link i get an error message
telling me access is forbidden - this message
was not always appearing - my first attempts to
connect to the image via the hyper link worked
- i must have done something to prevent access
but cannt figure out what it was.

The FP SE and FP forms handler can not send
any attachments with an email - you need
server side code (depends on what your host
supports) to do that

To get the uploaded files from the _private
folder - open you online site in FP using File
Open Site and entering your domain URL - then
go to the_ private folder and select the
uploaded file and use File Export

SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP -
FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will
not break anything!" (-; To find the best
Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:

"threademporium"
<[email protected]>

.