Form takes a long time to open

Gary

I have a complex form. This form opens quickly most of
the time. However, if I open the form in design view and
then close it without making any changes, the form then
takes a very long time to open (like 2 minutes instead of
the normal 2 seconds). After that it also takes a long
time to open in design view. Has anyone ever had this
problem? I have even tried deleting objects to determine
a particular object that might cause a problem, but I
haven't been able to find the culprit.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gary.

prabha

Hi Gary,

Have you checked Name AutoCorrect? See: ACC2000: Slow Performance Opening
Object with Name AutoCorrect Enabled
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;200600

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support

"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

| From: "Gary" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Gary" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Form takes a long time to open
| Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:42:56 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.forms
|
| I have a complex form. This form opens quickly most of
| the time. However, if I open the form in design view and
| then close it without making any changes, the form then
| takes a very long time to open (like 2 minutes instead of
| the normal 2 seconds). After that it also takes a long
| time to open in design view. Has anyone ever had this
| problem? I have even tried deleting objects to determine
| a particular object that might cause a problem, but I
| haven't been able to find the culprit.
|
| Any help is greatly appreciated.
|
| Gary.

Ragnar Midtskogen

Gary,

It could also be due to corruption. Try copying and pasting your form,
including the object module, into a new blank form.
If you use images on the form, be sure you have the latest service packs for
Access.

Ragnar