Form / Subform command button

Reaction score
I need some guidance in adding a command button to a form which will delete the contents of a subform within that form. I have created a database to inventory stock on hand - the main form has a subform (Datasheet) with the fields for the input. field1 is a combo box for stock# - field2 is a text field to display the common name for field1/stock# (with vb code to auto-lookup the name) - Field3 is Quantity (key in value) - Field4 is weight (key in value) field5 is the line total for Quantity and field6 is for a Inventory tag number andthe end of the row. the process is repeated ubtil a maximum of 20 rows are in the datasheet (Subform). At this point a report is run to creat an Inventory Tag with total Quantity of a particular stock number on hand. Once printed there is a command button to run an append query transfering the contents of the subform to a table. In order to go to the next Stock number, the contents of the subform must be cleared. Creating the command button is easy, having it delete the contents of a subform escapes me. I am not a programmer, but I have experience with MS Access (97, 2000, XP). Any assistance and advise will be appreciated. A button on the subform will work but is not available in the datasheet view, I need it to be on the Form and if possible do a "select all" then clear the subform. My thanks to all responders in advance. Appoligies for being so wordy.

Bob

Ask a Question