Form Ont Top All Applications

Ying-Shen Yu[MSFT]

Hi Mauricio,
Have you tried the Form.TopMost property. If it doesn't meet your need
,please let me know.
Thanks!

Best regards,

Ying-Shen Yu [MSFT]
Microsoft Online Partner Support

You should not reply this mail directly, "Online" should be removed before
sending, Thanks!

| From: "Mauricio C. Pires" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Mauricio C. Pires" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Form Ont Top All Applications
| Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:12:47 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms
|
| Someone know how to make a Form on top all applications?
| Tanks.

Ying-Shen Yu[MSFT]

Hi Mauricio,
It's a bit strange behaviour, but you may try set the Topmost property
to true in the On_Load event handler of your form. This work around works
on my system, if it doens't work for you, please let me know. Thanks!

Best regards,

Ying-Shen Yu [MSFT]
Microsoft Online Partner Support

You should not reply this mail directly, "Online" should be removed before
sending, Thanks!

| From: "Mauricio C. Pires" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Mauricio C. Pires" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Form Ont Top All Applications
| Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:12:47 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms
|
| Someone know how to make a Form on top all applications?
| Tanks.

Ying-Shen Yu[MSFT]

Hi Mauricio,
How about your problem now?
Is that work around helpful to you?
It's a known bug that the datagrid prevents a form to be Topmost,
and here is another work around , just add
IntPtr pt = dataGrid1.Handle;
after InitiliazeComponent() in your Form Constructor.
Thanks!

Best regards,

Ying-Shen Yu [MSFT]
Microsoft Online Partner Support

You should not reply this mail directly, "Online" should be removed before
sending, Thanks!

| From: "Mauricio Pires" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Mauricio Pires" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Form Ont Top All Applications
| Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 06:15:22 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms
|
| If you put a Datagrid on the form, the form doesn't stay
| on top even you set the TopMost to true.
|
| Do you know a solution for this problem?

| >|
| >| Someone know how to make a Form on top all applications?
| >| Tanks.
| >|

| >.

Mauricio Pires

Hi Ying-Shen Yu,
I set the TopMost property to true in the On_Load event
handler of my form. This work around doesn't always work
because if you change some DataGrid property after the
On_Load event, the form doesn't stay on top, so I set the
TopMost to true in the On_Paint event handler of the
DataGrid. I think that it's the best work around.
Thank you very much for your attention and help.

Do you know if has some manner to comunicate Microsoft
about this problem?

Best Regards,

Mauricio Pires.