Form Email Recipents

G

Gareth

Hi,

I am creating a simple form that when submitted, will email the results to an address.

I want to have a drop down box on the form that will have a few names in it, the data for these names will be email address. When a person fills in the form they will choose a name from this drop down box. I want the form to then be emailed to this person that they select.

I have tried putting the form field name as the To address but that doesn't work when the form is submitted.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

A

Andrew Murray

will the choice of emails be on the same domain - ie. within the same company
like you might have:

1 IT Support (e-mail address removed)
2.Accounts (e-mail address removed)
3.Executive (e-mail address removed)

or is it going to be different people with different emails, as I don't know
frontpage (or the extensions or even your host) restricts this.

You could do it with a third party script either cgi/perl or ASP, PHP or other
server side script - depending on your host platform. try www.hotscripts.com for
form handlers in all the major categories of scripting languages - ASP(VBscript,
JScript), Perl/CGI, PHP and so on .

I think by default (and maybe it only does this) the form handler (extensions)
just sends the email to yourself to your email (the default address for your
account)- it isn't as flexible as you need it to be.

I just looked at the 'form properties' dialogue, and there is a field for one
email address (yours). You can't in this case choose the recipient.

You'll have to use a third-party solution, other group members here will probably
respond with some suggestions but www.hotscripts.com is a starting point.

Depending on your skill level, the scripts are fairly easy to understand and set
up.

Hi,

I am creating a simple form that when submitted, will email the results to an
address.

I want to have a drop down box on the form that will have a few names in it, the
data for these names will be email address. When a person fills in the form they
will choose a name from this drop down box. I want the form to then be emailed to
this person that they select.

I have tried putting the form field name as the To address but that doesn't work
when the form is submitted.

Thanks.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

No possible to do using the FP Form Handler, you will have to use ASP, PHP, etc. to accomplish.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

Hi,

I am creating a simple form that when submitted, will email the results to an address.

I want to have a drop down box on the form that will have a few names in it, the data for these
names will be email address. When a person fills in the form they will choose a name from this drop
down box. I want the form to then be emailed to this person that they select.

I have tried putting the form field name as the To address but that doesn't work when the form is
submitted.

Thanks.

S

Steve Easton

Make 3 different pages each with a form with a different mailto address.
Then have a link to the different pages.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
95isalive
This site is best viewed..................
...............................with a computer

Hi,

I want to have a drop down box on the form that will have a few names in it, the data for these names will be email address. When a person fills in the form they will choose a name from this drop down box. I want the form to then be emailed to this person that they select.

I have tried putting the form field name as the To address but that doesn't work when the form is submitted.

Thanks.

Ask a Question