Forgotten Folder Customizations

BJH

Hi

I have recently had trouble with XP forgetting my folder customizations.

I checked on the web and found that Tweakui could 'fix' this by increasing
the number of customizations, I increased the value from 400 to 750 but it
didn't seem to help.

Further investigation on the web pointed me to the BagMRU Size registry key
which seemed to be the answer and recommendations of a value of 2000, so I
manually added the key using regedit.

After rebooting and curiosity I ran TweakUI again where the value was still
reported at the Windows default of 400, so I changed it to 750 using
TweakUI.

I then checked the keys using regedit and was surprised to see that there
are now two key values.

"BagMRU Size" (my entry with a value of 2000, note the single space) and

"Bag MRU Size" (TweakUI's entry with a value of 750, note the two spaces)

I'm sticking with "BagMRU Size" for the moment and I've deleted the TweakUI
keys.

Can anyone confirm the absolute correct entry?

Is this a bug in TweakUI?

TIA

BJH

This is getting more frustrating.

I reset my folder customizations and I've upped the BagMRU to 8000 but
every day I lose my customisations! Specifically hide system files and
known file extensions.

It *appears* that the desktop will redraw itself and revert to showing
hidden files and folders and file extensions.

Has anyone any idea what could be causing this behaviour?

AFAIK there is no spyware/malware, I regularly use and update Spybot and
Ad-Aware.

David Candy

Well those things have nothing to do with folder customisation. And as I explained 8000 is just f%cjing a stupid figure. I once counted the folders I visited over a period of several months (a few times I did this). I never exceeded 150.

And if you had read what I wrote you should configure it so it doesn't matter.

So you either aren't shutting down correctly or you have NoSaveSettings set (see what I wrote).

Trevor L.

David said:
These two things are written at shutdown.

--

FWIW,

I can never get folder customisations to stick and I have tried every
suggestion on this newsgroup

Thumbnails always seem to go back to tiles (not immediately, but eventually
they do.)

Dawn_1117

What should the NoSave Setting be set at, because I am having the same
problem, I can't even move the task bar!!!!!! This is getting really
frustrating.