From: "(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]>
Sender: "(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]>
Subject: Forgot password,
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 06:01:22 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.security

When I boot my computer it ask for user name and pass
word. I forgot my password and need help getting into
windows. How can I get into windows or reset the password
and login?

Hello.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that Microsoft can provide that will allow you recover that lost password. Your options are to either restore from a time when
you knew the password, or complete a parallel install to get access back to the data. If you do not need access to the data, the only support method we
have of regaining access to your machine would be to reinstall the operating system.

The article for parallel installing another copy of the OS is:

266465 HOW TO: Perform a Parallel Installation of Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266465

Sorry that we could not provide a more elegant solution.

Siddharth Sawkar
PSS Security

from your issue.

sgopus

You really need to update your info, there are lots of
ways to enter your pc if you forgot your password. here
are a few.

Q321305 How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your
Password
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;Q321305

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#password

Reboot to Safe Mode, select Administrator, leave password
blank.
Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel and
delete/change the
password.

You do not need to reinstall if you forgot the admin or
any other password.

There is a boot disk you can download at:
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

that will let you reset the password of any account on
NT4, Windows2000 or
XP.

Just follow all the default settings which are for the
admin account.

For an Win2k AD domain controller, you need to do more
than that:

http://www.jms1.net/nt-unlock.html

Hello.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that Microsoft can
provide that will allow you recover that lost password.
Your options are to either restore from a time when
you knew the password, or complete a parallel install to
get access back to the data. If you do not need access to
the data, the only support method we
have of regaining access to your machine would be to
reinstall the operating system.

MSFT

From: "sgopus" <[email protected]>
Sender: "sgopus" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Forgot password,
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:52:02 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.security

[...]

Hello-

The first article may work if you have a Password Reset Disk.

All of the other boot disk / 3rd party methods are not supported by Microsoft and we can not recommend them. If you try them and they do not work, we will
be unable to help you.

Siddharth Sawkar
PSS Security

from your issue.