Fooling the Security ScreenLock

G

I apologize if this is the wrong NG; not sure where to post this one...Our organisation deployed XP Pro and enabled a 10-minute password protected screen lock whilst removing all power users. Now I have two programs that either stop processing (Adobe Premiere - in rendering mode) or crash with data loss (ArcView GIS with DDE to a GPS receiver) upon the startup of the screen lock. I can't babysit my mouse and keep moving it to prevent the lock, so my question is: Is there a lite program the will simulate movement so I can continue my work? Is there another approach I could take? Getting the screenlock time changed is out of the question.

G

Roach,

Is the time field for the screensaver completly grayed out? If so, it is a group policy setting. If this is the case:
1. Go To Start
2. Click Run
3. Type gpedit.msc
4. When Group Policy window appears, Expand "User Configuration" then "Administrative Templates" then "Control Panel" then "Display"
In other words: user configuration\administrative templates\control panel\display
5. Change all the settings on the right to "Not Configured"
6. Close window, and see if you can then change the screensaver time. If it is still the same try rebooting and see if it takes then.

Ask a Question