Font Problem

Bob

I may not be in the right group but I will start here. I have a problem with
a couple of the fonts. When I designate "Times New Roman" it comes in
'Bold'.. If I highlight the text and click the Bold icon, nothing happens. I
am unable to debold the font. If I need to reload the fonts, which disk do I
use? (I have Word 2000 Premium installed, with xp pro).

Thanks

Bob

Don Schmidt

Looking in my Fonts folder it looks like there should be four Times New Rome
fonts, Times New Roman (True Type), Times New Roman Bold(True Type), Times
New Roman Bold Italic(True Type), and Times New Roman Italic (True Type).
Verify all four are there and if there are any missing, send me an email and
I'll attach it/them to a reply.

my real email address is :

dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com

Bob

Don,

Checked out the Windows Font folder and I have all four files. I then went
to Word and the only one that shows up is the Times Bold. When I click on
the italics icon it will italicize the Bold font on the screen. But I can
not get the Regular or the Regular italics to come up?

Bob

Thorsten Matzner

Bob said:
I may not be in the right group but I will start here. I have a problem with
a couple of the fonts. When I designate "Times New Roman" it comes in
'Bold'.. If I highlight the text and click the Bold icon, nothing happens. I
am unable to debold the font. If I need to reload the fonts, which disk do I
use? (I have Word 2000 Premium installed, with xp pro).

Maybe some fonts are missing. You may want to read "Reinstalling
Original Windows TrueType Fonts"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=94875).

Hoppy

Hi Bob .... Did you try double-clicking on the font files? That should
produce a visible sample of the font. If not, maybe the files are corrupt.

--
Hoppy
(e-mail address removed)

Bob wrote on Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:23:02 -0800:

B> Checked out the Windows Font folder and I have all four files. I then
B> went to Word and the only one that shows up is the Times Bold. When I
B> click on the italics icon it will italicize the Bold font on the screen.
B> But I can not get the Regular or the Regular italics to come up?

B> Bob

B> ??>> Looking in my Fonts folder it looks like there should be four Times
??>> New Rome fonts, Times New Roman (True Type), Times New Roman Bold(True
??>> Type), Times New Roman Bold Italic(True Type), and Times New Roman
??>> Italic (True Type). Verify all four are there and if there are any
??>> missing, send me an email and I'll attach it/them to a reply.
??>>
??>> my real email address is :
??>>
??>> dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com
??>>
??>> --
??>> Don
??>> Vancouver USA
??>>
??>> ??>>> I may not be in the right group but I will start here. I have a
??>>> problem with a couple of the fonts. When I designate "Times New
??>>> Roman" it comes in 'Bold'.. If I highlight the text and click the
??>>> Bold icon, nothing happens. I am unable to debold the font. If I need
??>>> to reload the fonts, which disk do I use? (I have Word 2000 Premium
??>>> installed, with xp pro).
??>>>
??>>> Thanks
??>>>
??>>> Bob
??>>>

Don Schmidt

Another thought came to mind:

TweakUI there is a Font repair under the Repair tab. Give it a try.

Bob

Thanks to every one. I solved the problem by using the "Repair" program on
the Premium Office 2000 first disc. Once I ran the program it repaired the
problem. But your help was necessary. Thanks a million.

Bob