FolderBrowseDialog controls

G

The FolderBrowseDialog, OpenFileDialog and SaveFileDialog controls available in .NET all expose the same kind of folder browsing functionality - ie, the folder list view can be set to Detailed, Large or Small Icons etc, there's the 'Up One Level' and 'Back' buttons etc.

Is there anyway I can use these extra functions on my own form?

For example, I need a dialog that does pretty much the same as the FolderBrowseDialog, but I need a few more settings on there for the user. If I create my own dialog the only controls I can find to use are the DirListBox and DriveListBox. But the DirListBox looks dated and doesn't offer the extra functionality built-in I mention above.

Thanks very much for any help.

Mark.

H

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

* "=?Utf-8?B?bWFyayBwaA==?= said:
The FolderBrowseDialog, OpenFileDialog and SaveFileDialog controls available in .NET all expose the same kind of folder browsing functionality - ie, the folder list view can be set to Detailed, Large or Small Icons etc, there's the 'Up One Level' and 'Back' buttons etc.

You will find some "imitations" of this control at
<URL:http://www.codeproject.com/> -> "C# Windows Forms" -> TreeView.

G

Thanks for the reply.
I've had a look at the samples on the site but none really nail the problem for me. I'm after a explorer type control that browses through the directory structure *exactly* like the right hand pane of Windows Explorer would. I thought there might be a control that did this, with the right-click context menu built in (allowing to change view, arrange icons etc).

Most other applications have this built in to their Open/Save dialogs which led me to believe there was a relatively easy way to tap into this.

Ask a Question