Folder Home Pages with Outlook View Control

Kele

Below I have listed a posting made earlier and a response
from Sue, however I found out that the Team Folder Kit
for Outlook has been removed by Microsoft and is no
longer supported due to a security problem witht the
Outlook View Control.

Does anybody know how I could accomplish the following
requirement

or

if it is still okay to use the Team Folder Kit how I can
get hold of a copy?

Thanks
Kele.

Original Query:
Just wanting to know how I can change the view of a
Public Folder so that users:

1. Do not see any Postings or
2. Only see their own postings.

I have found that if you have a Public Folder with a Form
and various people post to it, anybody can open and read
other peoples posts.

Unfortunately on the Public Foler Permissions if you
select that they are allowed to Create Items but not
allow users to Read Items and/or have the Folder Visible
it then stops them from being able to post to that folder.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks Kele.

Response to Original Message:
From: Sue Mosher [MVP] ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Control View/Access to Public Folder After
Posting

Exchange public folders are not really designed to handle
this scenario.
You can get some of the functionality by using a folder
home page with
the Outlook View Control to display the folder in a
filtered view.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

Kele

Thanks Sue, I now have the Public Folder showing a home
page by default which is a web page that contains an
OCV.

1. When I look at the folder on a client machine the
view is blank except for any html text.

2. When I get the view to show on the client machine how
can I use restrict so that only the current users
messages show. ie. <PARAM NAME="Restriction"
VALUE="[From]=<%=sUser%>"> (But this doesn't work)!

Code:
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>My Folder</title>
</HEAD>
<OBJECT id="ViewCtlFolder"
codeBase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/of
fice/outlctlx.cab#ver=9,0,0,3203"
height="430" width="100%"
classid="CLSID:0006F063-0000-0000-C000-000000000046"
VIEWASTEXT>
<PARAM NAME="View" VALUE="">
<PARAM NAME="Folder" VALUE="\\Public Folders\All
Public Folders\Windays">
<PARAM NAME="Namespace" VALUE="MAPI">
<PARAM NAME="Restriction" VALUE="">
<PARAM NAME="DeferUpdate" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="Dirty" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="Filter" VALUE="">
<PARAM NAME="FilterAppend" VALUE="">
<PARAM NAME="EnableRowPersistance" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="ViewXML" VALUE="">
</OBJECT>
</HTML>

kele

I have managed to find the current user with the
following code.

Still trying to have items show on client machine.

Also trying to restrict which items show based on
the 'From' field matching the current user then the
message can show.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>File Transfer System Folder</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<OBJECT classid=CLSID:0006F063-0000-0000-C000-
000000000046
id=ViewCtlFolder
width="100%"
height="430" VIEWASTEXT>
</OBJECT>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBScript>

Dim objOLApp
Dim myNameSpace
Set objOLApp =
ViewCtlFolder.OutlookApplication

Set myNameSpace = objOLApp.GetNameSpace
("MAPI")
MsgBox myNameSpace.CurrentUser.Name

Dim objFolder
Set objFolder =
ViewCtlFolder.ActiveFolder
MsgBox objFolder.Name
MsgBox objFolder.Items.Count
</SCRIPT>
</P>
</BODY>
</HTML>

kele

Sorry for all the posts...but I have had a win.

Managed to work out the restriction for a currentUser and
it works. Code below for anyone that wants it.

Only need to find out how to have the view work when on a
client machine and not on the Exchange Server. If
anybody has any ideas can they let me know.

Code:
<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<OBJECT classid=CLSID:0006F063-0000-0000-C000-
000000000046
id=ViewCtlFolder
width="100%"
height="430" VIEWASTEXT>
</OBJECT>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBScript>
Dim objOLApp
Dim myNameSpace
Dim currentUser

Set objOLApp =
ViewCtlFolder.OutlookApplication
Set myNameSpace = objOLApp.GetNameSpace
("MAPI")

currentUser = myNameSpace.CurrentUser.Name
ViewCtlFolder.Restriction = "[from]='" &
currentUser & "'"
</SCRIPT>
</P>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Kele

1. How do you stop the following message from appearing
in the public folder:

Microsoft Outlook
A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have
stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?

2. How can you have the OVC show its detail on a client
machine. The Exchange Server is running in Windows 2000
and the client is running Windows XP.

Code:
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE></TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY onload="init()">
<P>
<OBJECT classid=CLSID:0006F063-0000-0000-C000-
000000000046
id=ViewCtlFolder
width="100%"
height="430" VIEWASTEXT>
</OBJECT>
</P>
</BODY>
</HTML>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=vbscript>
Dim objOLApp
Dim myNameSpace
Dim currentUser
Sub init()
Set objOLApp =
ViewCtlFolder.OutlookApplication
Set myNameSpace = objOLApp.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
currentUser = myNameSpace.CurrentUser.Name
ViewCtlFolder.Restriction = "[from]='" &
currentUser & "'"
End Sub
</SCRIPT>