Folder Defaults

R

Robyn Harcott

On my computer each time I log on in the morning, I open any folder, go to Tools --> Folder Options --> View
I then dutifully uncheck "hide extensions for known file types" and choose "show hidden files and folders". I click on apply, then apply to all folders (and even reset all folders from time to time).

The next morning when I log in, I have to do it all over again. Doesn't matter what folder I do this on, I still have to do this again. I have the only machine in the office that is behaving this way. XPSP2. Any suggestions?

TIA

T

Thorsten Matzner

Robyn Harcott said:
On my computer each time I log on in the morning, I open any folder, go to Tools --> Folder Options --> View
I then dutifully uncheck "hide extensions for known file types" and choose "show hidden files and folders". I click on apply, then apply to all folders (and even reset all folders from time to time).

The next morning when I log in, I have to do it all over again. Doesn't matter what folder I do this on, I still have to do this again. I have the only machine in the office that is behaving this way. XPSP2. Any suggestions?

Create a new user account and see if this happens from here as well.
If so, replace your account.
"How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151)

Ask a Question