Folder Compare and Delete

Big Johnny

Does anyone know of a freeware program that will compare the files in two
folders and indicate any duplicate files? Ideally, it would allow me to
automatically delete any duplicate files found in the folder that I
indicate.

Susan Bugher

Big said:
Does anyone know of a freeware program that will compare the files in two
folders and indicate any duplicate files? Ideally, it would allow me to
automatically delete any duplicate files found in the folder that I
indicate.

Some of the apps that have been mentioned in ACF:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_SYSTEMUTILITIES.php#5.00BackupFiles:SyncronizeDirectories

Allway Sync (aka Good Sync)
Comparator
Compfold
DELTA
Directory Compare
Good Sync (aka Allway Sync)
MatchFolders
myEasySync
SyncBack Freeware
SynchronEX
Synchronize It! (Winsin) (v 1.69)
Tarylynn
ThirdDir
TreeComp
Unison
ViceVersa Free!
vuBrief

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Rili

This is my favourite so far for finding duplicate files.

http://www.bigbangenterprises.de/en/doublekiller/

DoubleKiller searches single or multiple folders/partitions for
identical files. Depending on the settings the files' names, sizes,
dates and/or CRC32-checksums (which represent the content of the files)
are compared with each other. Masks like *.mp*g or *.dll define which
files are (not) scanned. Files with certain flags, e.g. hidden files,
may be excluded from the search. Besides you can limit the search to
files with a user-defined filesize. When the search is finished a list
containing all duplicate files found is displayed and you can select the
files which should be deleted or moved.