fly out menu/ layers

housecommunications

I've created a menu with submenus using the layers/behaviors in FrontPage. I
am trying to do this without using any external sites for JavaScript or
anything. Anyway, this is what I created: http://devhrc/include/issuebank2.htm
The only problem is that how can I keep each of the main links (agriculture,
budget & taxes, children & families, etc) close together but then when the
user mouseover each of the words the list "expands" to make room for the
submenu drop down?
As you can see right now I have to create a bunch of extra space between
agriculture and budget & taxes so you can see the drop-down when it comes up.
Is there a behavior I can use to do this?

Ronx

The link cannot be viewed except on your computer.

Without seeing the page it is not possible to give any real advice, but
take a look at
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/tests/menu/menu-behaviours.htm
which uses behaviours in the manner I suspect you have used them. Note
that the instructions are for expression web, but you may be able to
adapt them for FrontPage.

In my opinion, you should try the menu tutorial (and code) at
http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/navigation/auto_hide/index.htm

This is much easier to implement and maintain.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

"housecommunications" <[email protected]>