Floppy drive error (80)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Right,

I have a lot of Whisky in me so lets keep this straight n simple...with no quibbles and crazyness an that everybody else and not me. hOckay!

I ended up at this site because I searched for the very same question and it led me here to a forum thread with no answers and people stabbing at crazy concepts and not gettting to the point..

Soooooooo here goes....

I currently have this dag Nabbit alert on start up to press f1 because of a floppy disk error (80) because I dont have a floppy disk and for some reason it wants to say it.. I was at some point having loads of blue screens but it all boiled down to some crazy memory issue but unfortunately for me I set my bios to default and now its chewing on something that isnt there...

So the bottom line is.......How do I tell my crazy lower class living on wealthfare payments bios that my floppy drive can go and F&£* itself and start up on the my hardrive...

anybody that helps earns my undying respect and maybe some other feelings that I cant explain but will be able to tomorrow morning..

many thanks to all that asnwer this question...But please try to give a straight answer thoughI know before hand that to give a perfect answer does require some parousing questions, I'd like and initiative bios solution followed by questions..like maybe heres the answer and what Whisky are you drinking....

Cheers you guys and maybe a few gals maybe just 1 gal I don't know there aren't many gals in the field of computers but I respect any that read this :p

Lots of love

Duncan

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
its mighty refreshing to get a post like yours
laughingsmiley.gif

is it windows that is giving you the error is it during the boot it appears?

the only thing i can think of is to change your boot order in the bios so that the floppy drive is last

so it goes.. hard drive, cd drive, floppy

you wouldn't happen to know what motherboard you have would you?

Reaction score
Yeah, whisky does that, though I have to admit that I think my post may not be far off if I hadn't drunk any alcohol...

Basically it's windows...But, (I don't know this) I'm not sure if that matters regarding startup as it may be a bios thing. You could probably correct me on all of that shizzle.

My motherboard..Dag nabbit I really can't be arsed to get into the computer and look so lets have a ganders at the My Computer... Right I have a look and I cant see any sign of what the motherboard it is..

Sooooooo using the bios do you or any fine filley's know how to just go into the bios and say NO to drugs errr I mean no to the floppy drive...

:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well here I am sipping red wine after several pints of Guinness but I'm still together enough to know a couple of spam links when I see them so I've edited them out Mr Pocket Ninja :)

Good luck with your problem...

Reaction score
Excellent thanks very much, that is actualy my legitamate email address and actual portfolio website incase anybody is interested. I understand that many companies spam a lot these days but I would like to know there is not a smugness in your post to my thread, that gives no advice whatsover! though I appreciate your want for me to succeed in an answer!

It's a shame I am not actually I spammer otherwise It would be a worthy post, I shall now be closing my account with nothing lost or nothing gained. I will find my answer and your site does not benefit from my account

I bit you adu and goodbye from me and goodbye from him..

Duncan...

Reaction score
Oooo someone sounds a little bitter. LOL, nothing ventured nothing gained I guess

Do people still actually use floppy drives nowadays anyway? ;)

Reaction score
I dont know Im just trying to figure out how to close my account having gained no information from this site :p

Acually thats my next forum thread maybe, how do I close my account on this site as it is not obvious and Im not sure it exists.... :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
pocketninja

your choice

farewell

you can't close your account

but

hmm

adu is actually spelt adieu

it's late.... ;)

Status