Firefox issues

Reaction score
Started playing up again these past few days. Anyone experiencing problems again?

v3.5.2

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Will look out for bugs and report here if I come across any, so far so good.

What kind of problems are you experiencing?

Reaction score
Hi XXX,

Yeah i have had a few goings on going on lately.....especially that bl***y ask search engine and timing out stuff. Also a few servers not found and stuff not responding etc.
Whats happening on you ??

Zzzzz

Reaction score
Constant crashing. Sometimes if I close browser then try opening another window it tell me firefox is already open and must be closed first so i have to go into task manager

So slow its almost tempting to uninstall and leave it off completely.
I have actaully reinstalled but still the same!

"Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system."

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Constant crashing. Sometimes if I close browser then try opening another window it tell me firefox is already open and must be closed first so i have to go into task manager

So slow its almost tempting to uninstall and leave it off completely.
I have actaully reinstalled but still the same!

"Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system."

Sounds very unusual since I have been using the new version all day today and it has yet to crash or freeze up on me. I have the dual boot with XP and Ubuntu and not having any problem in either OS. Nonetheless I will report here if I come across a situation like you described. Are you using it in Vista? If so, than the problem maybe with the OS integration rather than anything else. I know it must be very frustrating at your end so hope you find the culprit soon and resolve the issue.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I think my FF has a guilt complex!;) I am using v.3.5.2 on Vista too and occasionally, after intentionally closing FF, I get a little error message, telling me that "FF has crashed," and asking if I want to report it. I have also found that the browser has "stopped responding" a couple of times too, but if I give it a moment or two, it will usually begin to respond again.

It does not appear to be happening on our XP PC, so perhaps Quad is on the right track :thumb:

It is not happening a lot, but just thought it was relevant to mention it TXD.:nod:

Reaction score
I'm on XP. Just constant problems. I don't know what it is.

I've tried clearing everything out and it still does not resolve it

grrr

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
I'm on XP. Just constant problems. I don't know what it is.

I've tried clearing everything out and it still does not resolve it

grrr

I am not sure how many more are having similar problems but if it is something which gets reported to Mozilla they would come up with an update. I am thinking it could be a conflict with some background service. Do you send crash report to Mozilla when it happens?

Reaction score
Yeah it's really annoying me. I had to start using explorer. I's a shame because I do prefer FF.

Thanks VR will give it a go in a bit :)

Reaction score
Ok quick update. I seemed to have resolved the issues.

I opened up FF in Safemode via the program folder and disabled. Most of the options in there including some plug-ins and reset one or two others. Seems fine at present :)

Thanks for taking time out guys, appreciated!!

Oh btw the safemode option will only open if FF is not running ;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Ok quick update. I seemed to have resolved the issues.

I opened up FF in Safemode via the program folder and disabled. Most of the options in there including some plug-ins and reset one or two others. Seems fine at present :)

Thanks for taking time out guys, appreciated!!

Oh btw the safemode option will only open if FF is not running ;)

Oh I love happy endings! :D Glad to know you no longer would be suffering from headaches:)

Now you should be able to find out what caused it if you enable the plug-ins and add-ons one by one.
nod.gif

Ask a Question