Access Finding and deleting duplicate records. MS Access Help ASAP

Reaction score
I need HELP: Finding and deleting duplicate records. MS Access Help ASAP

I am trying to build a database in Access to do the following.

I want to import two excel spreadsheets into access.
From the two documents I want to identify duplicate rows. I want to identify the duplicate records between the two spreadsheets and delete duplicates. By comparing these two spreadsheet I want to create a new spreadsheet to compare with for the next week and so on and so on. Example

Table 1
ABC 123 IIJ Y

Table 2
ABC 123 IIJ

I want to identify these in a separate report and delete them from the master report. "Y" in Table 1 means that the row is completed and does not to be in Table 2, so delete both. Another example

Table 1
ABC 123 IIJ N

Table 2
ABC 123 IIJ

In this example I want to delete the row that does not contain the N in one of the columns and delete the other. N in Table 1 means that the row is required for the next report so I need this item, delete the row from Table 2.

This is a weekly report so I want to be able to identify what I delete as well as create a new table to compare against the new week. So far all I have been able to do is query and put the two tables together. If anyone can help me with this situation I would really appreciate.

Last edited:

Ask a Question