Find-a-Drug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Techy said:
i've added my self to team 2245 but i aint listed???
Hey Techy, its team 2250 - Mucks listed his old team, but its updated now. Just change the number and it will swap you over without losing any info :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Techy said:
i've added my self to team 2245 but i aint listed???
:eek: :eek:

Yup, 2250 is the # ... but don't worry, it will show up when you send in your next 'job' and I'll pop over to PCQ&A and give 'em the bad news ... :D

They won't mind ... :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I is up and running now, half way through my first job! :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
welcome to the Druggies

Excellent ... :thumb:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
just wondering how much load your CPU is under ? im running at 50% with nothing else running

muckshifter

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean there ME ... crtl-alt-del / Processes & Performance shows me running @ 100% CPU usage.

My system just performed a virus scan, defrag and I kept on messing around on the net, all at the same time, and although a couple of pages were a little slow to load, FaD was still running. :D

:thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian & Darkangle are now in the charts ... http://fadstats.com/
Well done chaps, we just moved up another 2 spots ... now ranked @ # 177

:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Well done guys :D Thats fast progress so far!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
its ok i've worked out how to get two jobs running at the same time :thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
its ok i've worked out how to get two jobs running at the same time :thumb:
Then you do half the work and take twice as long ... :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This first job is taking forever! Is there anyway i can speed it up? CPU's running at 100% I got it set up as is from the install.

Is there any settings or tweeks i can do to speed it up or is this just the norm?

Heres a shot of the job info, if it helps.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Sorry VR ... no 'cheats' allowed or available ... you have got a big one and you'll have to grin and bear with it. :(

Just think of all the points you'll get ... I had one take 3 days :eek:

You'll get some quick and some slow ... ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nah i didn't mean cheat! just if i had to change a setting or something somewhere, Ah well.... I guess i can just sit back and wait for the points to roll in. :)

BTW, I take it i dont need to stop it to play games then?

Mucks, would you mined if maybe i get a sig like yours? I like the idea for showing whats its all about. Hopefully get some more in the team! :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I been giving this some thought and for the immediate future, I won't be leaving Team BBF.

But..... we just had a big boost as an old forum member returned to the fold and and switched all his old points over to us This puts my team at number 21.

So..... I figure they won't miss me for a week so for seven days I shall crunch for PC Review.

Number is 2250, correct?

I figure this should give you a boost and hopefully enable you to jump past all those at the bottom of the league table a little quicker.

After that, who knows? I have 4 machines, maybe I'll divide them in two. Maybe. We'll see.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds good Floppy :) I totally understand if you want to stick with BBF after the 7 days, after all you started crunching for them!

2250 is the number :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
Vanilla Radio said:
Nah i didn't mean cheat! just if i had to change a setting or something somewhere, Ah well.... I guess i can just sit back and wait for the points to roll in.
Vanilla Radio said:
BTW, I take it I don’t need to stop it to play games then?

Mucks, would you mined if maybe I get a sig like yours? I like the idea for showing what its all is about. Hopefully get some more in the team!

Sorry ... I wasn't implying that you were going to 'cheat', bad choice of words ... and no, no need to stop it to play any games, it will just use whatever spare CPU cycles you have available.

Note here ... if you shutdown your PC then you can/could loose an hours work ... 'THINK' actually makes 'save points' for itself, so if you can, leave your system on 24/7 ... don't worry if you can't.

As for the sig' ... well I would dearly love you ALL to have one, but that's up to the individual, just go here http://sero.cwsurf.de/generator.php and fill in your details.

Floppy, we got the better of your conscience then. :p

Now this is just a thought, and is in no way intended to discourage, but when you go back to Bits you'll take all your points with you :( would it not be better just to use one, or more, whatever, for both teams.

I have seen the comments from both the Teddies & your team over at FaD and even you stated that it took some fun out of the 'chase' ... its good that your points go with you, but a bit unfair to the team you leave ... UD had that one right.

Your name and email need to be different from the ones at Bits, but Floppybootstomp can be used, no? And I'm sure you got more than one email address.

I have two very slow PCs at my brother’s; when I get back over there they will be 'staying' at PCQ&A ... it'll make me feel a lot better in myself. :D

We would really love for you to be crunching for PCReview, but personally, I would still like you to crunch for Bitbenders as well. If possible. :cool:

muckshifter

Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Did I ever make a mess of that one :(

Sorry, but I didn't intend to bring my points with me and later today they should go back.

I thought it was just a case of changing team number but I was obviously wrong.

Apparently, to start crunching for a different team I need to completely uninstall Think/Fad, including registry entries, then reinstall using a new user name and e-mail address, which shouldn't be a problem.

I shall do that later today.

Sorry to get your hopes up and then dash them so cruelly, it was my unfamiliarity with this crunching program.

Andromeda also came from Bitbenders - or as The Teddies have so nicely named us, Bitchbenders :rolleyes: - and I'm also wondering who that is :confused:

Anyway, sorry again, and watch this space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question