filter a form

Ivor Williams

I have a form frmTransfers with a record source tblTransfers. On the form is
a combo box cboCustomer. When the form is opened, I would like it to only
show records where the value in cboCustomer is not blank. How can I do this?

Ivor

prabha

Hi Ivor,

Change the RowSource of the combo box to a query that returns records that
are not Null.

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support

"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

--------------------
| From: "Ivor Williams" <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.forms
| Subject: filter a form
| Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:47:03 GMT
|
| I have a form frmTransfers with a record source tblTransfers. On the form
is
| a combo box cboCustomer. When the form is opened, I would like it to only
| show records where the value in cboCustomer is not blank. How can I do
this?

| Ivor

Allen Browne

If you want to limit the *form* to only records where there is a customer,
you could change its RecordSource property to something like this:
SELECT tblTransfers.*
FROM tblTransfers
WHERE CustomerID Is Not Null;

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.