File Size Spiralling Out of Control (Continued)

rm

Thank you for the help - No OLE stuff here sir.

One thing that I noticed - Where I have relationships I have two
indexes on one of the tables.

For example: Table1 and a "lookup" table - employer. The child record
in Table1 from "employer" is "eid". In Table1 two indexes are listed
"eid" and "employerTable1". (I am getting index names from the MS
Access Database Documenter tool) Should I have 2 indexes there? This
is actually a consistent condition for all "lookup" tables only on
Table1. So I have 7 indexes on Table1 plus the primary key with 39K
records. The Table2 has only 4 indexes plus the PK with 22K records.

What I notice is that there are no "duplicates" on the indexes for the
"lookup" tables in Table2. Also, I don't recall ever creating 2
indexes on any one field.

Another thing - we didn't start having this problem until we
"upgraded" the database to the latest version of Access - 2007 (8?).

Is this reason enough that the database size to go from 10 Mb to 54 Mb
within 5 hours use?

(for those interested Table1 and Table2 are not the actual table
names).

This is a mission critical application. I fear that the app is about
to collapse!
From: boblarson <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 06:40:01 -0700
Subject: Re: File Size Spiralling Out of Control

Normally, things that generate and delete objects are the main causes of bloat, but if you are storing OLE objects that can do it as well.
From: rm <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 06:27:56 -0700 (PDT)

Through a form. The forms are bound to the tables. The form for Table2 is the main form. The form for Table1 is a subform.

My biggest sin is probably the lookup fields. But would that cause gargantuan growth like this?

KARL DEWEY

I have the same problem using 2007 on a 2003 db. I noticed that just
navigating through the switchboard increases the size. All post I read say
they do not have such.
I used a suggestion to compact on close - Click the Office Button, Access
Options (bottom right), Current Database, Application Options, and select
Compact on Close.