Outlook Favourite Folders in Outlook 2003

Reaction score
The Company that i work for are currently in the process of upgrading to Office 2003. As some of our users have a few problems with change we are trying to ensure that we make Outlook look as simular to the older versions as possible. I have searched the internet and have been unable to find anyway of removing the Favourite Folders.

Any Assistance would be greatly appreciated..

Thankyou in Advance

Mr Shadow
Helpdesk Support Officer

Reaction score
Hi Mr.shadow.
Open MS outlook, right click on the menu and click customize.click on favorites and drug it to the cutomize window, then click close,and you're done.

Reaction score
WolfGang,

Thanks for the comment however I tried that in Outlook 2003 and unfortunatly it didn't work.

Just to clarify I am talking about the Favourite Folders that appears on the left hand side above where it says mail.

Mr Shadow

Reaction score
In this case, right click on it, and click on remove group, or remove from outlook bar.
I don't know what else could be done.

Reaction score
Actually I would recomend leaving it...My company did the same.. what is one of the great advantages of 2003 is the ability to sort you inbox into specific folders. At work I have My Inbox. and two shared boxes.... I also store a lot of my necessary files in seperate folder that I make. I do this because I am constantly at a different desk every other day.

It kinda like trying XP for the first time... at first the Green and Blue colors annoy you...My Computer is no longer on the desktop....... but you get used to it.

Ask a Question