Windows XP Fatal error Error Doc#5303

Reaction score
I had a problem with wndows xp. I think it may have been a Trojan, though how it got through PrevX, Avast and A squared, I have no idea.
I have reinstalled windows xp and everything seemed OK until I rebooted and got the message Fatal error Error Doc#5303 please reinstall. I understand from searching that this relates to Nero. I cannot reinstall it because I am unable to use the mouse or keyboard (Logitech Cordless). MY ADSL connection is OK and everything alse appears to be there.
Fortunately I have another PC networked with the one with the fault but I have loads of emails with Shipping instructions and Bills of Lading which I need urgently for goods in Transit.
Please can anyone help a poor novice?
Clive

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I am unable to use the mouse or keyboard
I can buy a wired set from my local supermarket for a fiver, YMMV

:user:

Reaction score
I had already figured out that it was Nero that was causing the proble. I used an old corded mouse, deleted Nero and Voila my PC was fine and my cordless mouse and keyboard are working fine.

Ask a Question