Fantastic pictures of New subway being built under New York

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I'd assume they would have thought about that. :)

Interesting pics.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
7 Cities about to sink!

7 Bangkok
6 New York
5 Houston (Should I be packing me bags AGAIN! :cry:)
4 Shanghai
3 New Orleans
2 Venice
1 Mexico City

Following is the excerpt about New York City.

If you've never seen the Statue of Liberty or been dazzled by the lights of Times Square, now's the time. Much like its Thai comrade, America’s most densely populated city is doomed to suffer the effects of global warming. Sitting at the mouth of the Hudson River where it flows into the Atlantic Ocean, this concrete jungle will soon be at a much higher risk of damage from rising sea levels and imposing tropical storms. And unlike the ones bobbing around in a barrel on Halloween, this Big Apple will not float.

Science Daily reports that the sea levels in the New York City area are expected to rise about twice as quickly as sea levels around the world, meaning that Gotham will take the plunge well before the rest of the United States. However, Science Daily says that flooding is just one of the symptoms New York will suffer: "The submersion of low-lying land, erosion of beaches, conversion of wetlands to open water and increase in the salinity of estuaries all can affect ecosystems and damage existing coastal development." Not only will the Empire City be transformed into a wading pool, but it will slowly be washed out to sea.

Source

Ask a Question