Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden dead - Barack Obama

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden has been killed by US forces in Pakistan, President Barack Obama has said.

Bin Laden was killed in a ground operation outside Islamabad based on US intelligence, the first lead for which emerged last August.

Mr Obama said after "a firefight", US forces took possession of the body.

Bin Laden is believed to be the mastermind of the attacks on New York and Washington on 11 September 2001 and a number of others.

He was top of the US' "most wanted" list.

Mr Obama said it was "the most significant achievement to date in our nation's effort to defeat al-Qaeda".

The US has put its embassies around the world on alert, warning Americans of the possibility of al-Qaeda reprisal attacks for Bin Laden's killing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Good i say. Though will this just bring retaliation?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I fear that there will be retaliation. :(

However, if the report is genuine then it will be a great step forward in the possible breaking of al-Quaeda as several other of their high ranking leaders have also been eliminated over the last few months.

Let's hope that things are moving in the right direction.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Osama Bin Ladens men, were shocked to hear the news of their leaders death, nobody ever takes the Bins out on a bank holiday

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
If it makes the world a better place then great...lets not make a martyr out of a complete ar** ole

Reaction score
I`m afraid the "enemy" is already amongst us. I really do not believe them when they say,hand on their hearts,we are peaceful and tolerant people to all races and beliefs,just look around the world.
historian

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The enemy has always been amongst us, Nazis masquerading as UK citizens and walking the streets of Piccadilly in 1943? Those jollly young lads drinking in Kilburn pubs planting bombs and now every mosque is a haven for terrorists is it?

Some folk can't see the wood for the trees and perhaps read too much Daily Mail hogwash.

There is hatred from some Muslims, particularly the young and also the silence from that camp surrounding the anti-west feeling is kinda deafening.

But I'll not believe that every single Muslim wants to fly a jet airliner into Canada Tower, that's plain silly.

If it was Osama bin-liner thrown into the ocean at least there won't be a martyr's shrine on land, so that's one good thing.

I also hear Elton John is releasing a memorial single 'Sandals In The Bin'

Ta da :D

Ask a Question