Fan size

Reaction score
Heya, i want to get a new fan, and i measured mine ( the back one ) and its 90MM, and i want this one, but it's 92MM, will this still fit ?

P.S also, the little wires that come off da fan, and connect to da motherboard, do i just do the same with a new fan ? lol

thanx

P.P.S lol also, whats a better RAM cooler ? Aluminium or copper ?! Thanx :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
1. your computers not overheating so dont try and fix it if it aint broke...

2. your new RAM already HAS heat spreaders wrapped around it...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just to clarify, your 90mm fan is almost certainly a 92mm fan - or if it isn't, it would still fit with a good "push" ;)

Reaction score
Belloni said:
P.S also, the little wires that come off da fan, and connect to da motherboard, do i just do the same with a new fan ? lol

the simple answer is yes u got to connect that peice into the mobo.

but if u get a speical fan it mite be a bit different, but its all simple enough, some of these new fans require both motherboard connectitiviy and PSU molex power connectivivity, just got to plug it into those white power things u see when u open up your pc

good luck!

Reaction score
Belloni said:

rite........
well some geezer on this site said it was best to use get this, SHINY ONE PENCE peices!!

i woulndt take this risk but what a laugh init

dont remember who it was but your a g!:)
and g is for gangsta

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Belloni said:
Heya, i want to get a new fan, and i measured mine ( the back one ) and its 90MM, and i want this one, but it's 92MM, will this still fit ?

thanx

when getting case fans you should really only go for either 80mm, 92mm and 120mm, the bigger they are, the more air they shift and the quieter they are because they dont have to spin as fast. So if your measuring 90mm, its a good 99.99% chance that its going to be 92mm fan ;). Cases arnt made perfect, there always off a couple of mm here and there. Some case fans use a 4-pin molex connector and some use the motherboard connectors, they normally state which they use on the spec.

As for the ram sinks, definatly go for copper sinks if possible, its much superior over its aluminium friend ;).

Copper ram sinks! , bit more flash copper ram sinks! :p

Edit: That was me who said to use 1p coins as heatsinks ;). Ghetto Sinks >..>.

Last edited:
Reaction score
But the GeIL RAM already has heat spreaders installed so theres REAALLLLY no point in changing them, if its even possible!

Reaction score
This is true, if it comes with them attached its best to leave them to their job.

Although it's advice your looking for, so if you really need to change them go for copper heat spreaders.

Chris

Reaction score
Yeah probably,

I wouldn't even attempt to pull the things off though, the pc is buggering around as it is.

That would make things worse.

Chris

Ask a Question