Fan Controllers,,,

Reaction score
Looking to get a cheap one, sorta £5-£10ish I guess.

Just wondering what I should be looking for in terms of connections, a lot of the ones I've looked at mention 3 pin fans, where are these 3 pins? All of my fans just plug into your average 4 pin power supply lead.

Any clues?

Reaction score
A lot of fans have both 3pin and 4 pin connections. Now most of your fan controllers are going to be 3 pin connection, and to be honest are a lot easier to deal with.

The fan controller I got was actaully from PC toys. Since you said all your fans have standard 4 pin (molex) connections you just need use adapter wiring. I paid $15.00 USD for my controller, it was a 4 channel with blue leds and came with all the wiring I needed. The wires had the smaller 4 pin connection on one end and was about 12" long and on the other end had both 4 pin and 3 pin connector.

As far as recomending one.... how many fans do you want to control?, do you want it to be in the 5" bay (cd drive) or in the 3.5" bay(floppy drive)? I've also seen one that can be installed in the pc slot area. So you'll need to decide. And thier are definatley ones in your price range, just need to shop.

Ask a Question