False duplicate folder

Santistas

Hi,

OE2003 shoes two 'Personal Folders'.
One of them has no 'pst' data file associated and cannot be deleted.
This false folder shows the (+) signal at left but if I try to expand it, I
receive the error message:

"Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened."

I already followed the suggestions below, from the Help Window(*), but the
problem remains.

I'm using XP/SP2.

Any help?

Santistas

(*)Open Help Window:

This error usually appears if the OST or PST file you are using is:
- Unavailable
- Protected with file permissions
- Corrupt
To correct this problem, you may want to run the scanost.exe and scanpst.exe
tools to verify file integrity.

-----------

Roady [MVP]

Create a new profile (do not copy it);
Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles

To access your current pst-file in the new profile;
File-> Open-> Outlook Data File...

To set it as the default delivery location;
Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> button Next-> use the dropdownlist below

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

Santistas

Thanks Roady,

After I create the new profile, how can I import the old accounts from the
first profile?
I have 12 of them.

SantistaS
------------

in message : Create a new profile (do not copy it);
: Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles
:
: To access your current pst-file in the new profile;
: File-> Open-> Outlook Data File...
:
: To set it as the default delivery location;
: Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> button Next-> use the dropdownlist below
:
: --
: Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
: www.howto-outlook.com
:
: Tips of the month:
: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
: -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1

Roady [MVP]

12 accounts? That is quite a lot. Sorry to say that you'll have to enter
them manually again.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

Santistas

Hi Roady,

I don't understand why O2003 doesn't have a way to export and import
e-mail accounts data and the OExpress does.

However, sometime ago I insert an account in OExpress and later, when I
opened O2003 for the first time, it asked me if I wanted to import that
account data.

Does this option will happen when I open the new profile?

(please, don't say no...or I'll left the false folder intact...)

SantistaS

--------

in message
: 12 accounts? That is quite a lot. Sorry to say that you'll have to enter
: them manually again.
:
: --
: Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
: www.howto-outlook.com
:
: Tips of the month:
: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
: -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
:
: -----
: : > Thanks Roady,
: >
: > After I create the new profile, how can I import the old accounts from
the
: > first profile?
: > I have 12 of them.
: >
: > SantistaS
: > ------------
: >
: > "Roady [MVP]" wrote in message : > : Create a new profile (do not copy it);
: > : Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles
: > :
: > : To access your current pst-file in the new profile;
: > : File-> Open-> Outlook Data File...
: > :
: > : To set it as the default delivery location;
: > : Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> button Next-> use the dropdownlist below
: > :
: > : --
: > : Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
: > : www.howto-outlook.com
: > :
: > : Tips of the month:
: > : -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
: > : -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
: >
: >
:
:

Santistas

By the way,

I also don't understand why OExpress makes a large space between the lines,
when I send a message written normally in Word and pasted the text on it.

Why do I write the message in Word?
Because English is not my mother language and Word has an orthographic
corrector, but OExpress doesn't.

SantistaS

Roady [MVP]

Well that is Word and HTML...

SHIFT+ Enter will start a new line where Enter will start a new paragrapgh

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

Roady [MVP]

Well you can choose File-> Import and Export... to import account data but
it does this indeed from OE and not another profile.

I'm not sure why they've dropped the feature since Outlook 2002. Probably
because of the Save My Settings Wizard that came with Office. Unfortunately
this will save all your Office setings and not just Outlook settings. Also,
when you export/import settings you'll export and import the corrupted data
as well leaving you with the same issue.

You could look for the corrupted refences in the registry;
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
Messaging Subsystem\Profiles]