Failure to copy Hotfix Front Page files during unattended install

G

I am running an unattended install of Windows 2000 professional from a network drive. I have applied Service Pack 4 to the I386 directory, as well as all the latest Hotfixes. During the intallation, at around 94% of text mode completion, two files will not copy to the system I am preparing: stub_fpsrvadm.exe and stub_fpsrvwin.exe. These files are put into the i386 directory by one of the Hotfix installations. I have rebuilt my installation directory a number of times and done a number of installs, but these same two files just will not copy. Anyone seen this or have a thought as to how to get them to copy

Thank you!

G

A bit of further research has led me to believe that it is the size of the file name causing this problem. All the files in the I386 directory are in the format 8.3. These two file names are both 13.3. They were installed by unpacking the hotfix and copying the files to the I386 directory, as instructed in the directions for a combination installation. The files were not renamed along the way. I'm curious if I can rename them or delete them, or somehow copy them into the I386 directory after installation completes without any problems resulting. This seems to be the only hotfix with this problem so far. Anyone see this before ?

Ask a Question