Fading push buttons??

Pablo Contreras

Hi everyone,

I just had a thought: you know how Windows XP let's you have those
nice fading menu commands? Is there any way you can extend this so
you can have fading buttons as well? That is, the same thing happens
when I click buttons such as "OK" and "Cancel" or "Open"?

I don't know why Microsoft haven't put that in the basic OS, it seems
so logical if they took all the bother to do the menu commands.

I had a quick Google to see if I could find something related to this
but found nothing. I found this thing called "Window Blinds." but I'm
not sure it does that. I had a quick scan down the list of features
and although it does say right at the bottom "let's you change
virtually any other part of Windows"... I'm sure they're just saying
that to get me to buy the product.

Am I the only one who's thought of this?

Later,
Pablo.

Ayush

I don't think this is possible in WinXp pro [ Don't know about Vista]. But
Window Blinds is a theme manager, it can let you customize the look but i
installed Window Blinds and there is no option to do that. I uninstalled it
after having problems with it that sometime after applying a theme, look
changes to Classic and sometimes even a restart does't work. I then switched
to StyleXp 15 days trial and don't have any problems.

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]
"Pablo Contreras" <pablo**carefully delete this**@**carefully delete
this**ezrider**carefully delete this**.co.uk> wrote in message
| Hi everyone,
|
| I just had a thought: you know how Windows XP let's you have those
| nice fading menu commands? Is there any way you can extend this so
| you can have fading buttons as well? That is, the same thing happens
| when I click buttons such as "OK" and "Cancel" or "Open"?
|
| I don't know why Microsoft haven't put that in the basic OS, it seems
| so logical if they took all the bother to do the menu commands.
|
| I had a quick Google to see if I could find something related to this
| but found nothing. I found this thing called "Window Blinds." but I'm
| not sure it does that. I had a quick scan down the list of features
| and although it does say right at the bottom "let's you change
| virtually any other part of Windows"... I'm sure they're just saying
| that to get me to buy the product.
|
| Am I the only one who's thought of this?
|
| Later,
| Pablo.

Pablo Contreras

I used to disable the Fisher-Price interface too but slowly I was
weened over it. Now I put some of the Fisher-Price behaviour back on.
It smooths out some of the hard edges. Also, I do Flash which makes
you realise how clunky some of the Windows XP UI is. You can change
any behaviour of any object in Flash, give it almost any look and
feel. When you use Windows XP after a while it feels like it could
have been better.

It's all down to personal taste. I have lots of respect for people
who don't convert to Gimmicky UI as these are the sort of people with
whom you can sit down and have a really deep conversation. The other
guys are usually the users with materialistic values.

But I still think it would be nice to have fading-out dialog boxes, I
mean it makes sense. Why should dialog boxes just vanish? They
should fade-out, or at least provide the option for doing so.

Later,
Pablo.

Bob I

Maybe Vista is what you are waiting for? ;-)