Factory Reset

I need to know how to put the computer back to its factory settings i have a
Windows Vista HP Pavillion Desktop and ive searched for hours trying to
restore factory settings but i cant find it, if you can, can someone tell me
what to look for or something? thx

Meinolf Weber

Hello Teen who needs help 4 once :| Teen who needs help 4 once,

If you have the recovery disk from HP insert it and reinstall the system
from it. Then it will be the factory default.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Mike Hall - MVP

You would do best to contact HP support. I have noticed that new HP
computers being supplied with Vista have an entry in BIOS that determines
whether the operator gets to see the F key notices on the boot screens
required for access to HP System Restore and 'Back to factory' settings..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
Posting Productively.. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Teen who needs help 4 once :|" <Teen who needs help 4 once
:|@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

VRG Scotty

"Teen who needs help 4 once :|"
Do you know what the disk would look like by any chance?

It will say HP recovery disk on it..oh and also it will be round with a
little hole in it :)

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

If your Computer has 2 partitions, it means one is meant for resetting the
system to a factory state, this usually means, there is an option to boot
from the BIOS into a recovery environment. If thats not there, check for any
disk came with your computer labeled Windows Vista, Recovery Disk, Operating
System, sometimes its on a Disk 1.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"Teen who needs help 4 once :|" <Teen who needs help 4 once
:|@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

"Needless to say, HP do not supply a
manual which might have informed the user.."

How user friendly. :)

Bruce Chambers

Teen said:
I need to know how to put the computer back to its factory settings i have a
Windows Vista HP Pavillion Desktop and ive searched for hours trying to
restore factory settings but i cant find it, if you can, can someone tell me
what to look for or something? thx

Simply follow the Recovery or Restoration instructions provided by the
manufacturer, either in the manual that accompanied the computer, or
from the manufacturer's web site..

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

Richard in AZ

VRG Scotty said:
It will say HP recovery disk on it..oh and also it will be round with a little hole in it :)
HP does not provide Recovery Disks, you have to make them with blank DVDs or CD-Rs.
There are instructions in the manual, but then who reads the manual.

Also, if you press F10 during the first part of the startup, it directs you to a restore partition
where you can do the same thing.