:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
tcert.php

muckshifter

Reaction score
... and another 10 teams bite the dust ...

trchart.php

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I am still crunching, but i lost half a WU the other day, when i quit the prog to play games. (Lots of CoD2 atm)

Found this on the Overclocker uk forum, maybe will help my cause.

Stopping F@H from making your games minimise

Got a problem with the GUI graphics/some video drivers?

All you have to do to switch to the console version is stop the GUI running, remove it's shortcut from the start-up folder. Download the console executeable straight into the existing folder, make a shortcut to it and then add the -configonly switch to the end of the shortcut target so it reads

"C:\Program Files\Folding@Home\FAH502-Console.exe" -configonly

then just answer yes to the service install question and you'll be laughing
the rest of the options can remain the same and it will take up where the GUI left off - may be worth leaving it to finish the current WU first just incase though it shouldn't have any problems at all

You can then monitor your client using FahMon or EMIII

I am a little nervous about buggering about with it though, but it sounds easy-ish dont it? :)

I seem to have a bit of a big one at the mo.... I mean a WU! :D

Reaction score
10625 of a 12500 thingy job done... can't wait to turn that one in... PC been on 24hours a day for like 4 days so far to work on this!

muckshifter

Reaction score
VR ... that is almost what we do in Linux ... you won't get any pretty pics to watch, but FahMon will allow you to monitor the progress. :thumb:

I have "running as a service" somewhere here ... thought about it, but I was hesitant at making a post as I don't run Windows I would not be able to help. :blush:

Chris ... mine have all been big buggers ... this one has 4750000 steps to complete. :rolleyes:

F@H ain't fast, and the points are the same for everybody ... low. :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for that VR, I had the same problem the other day and it really confused me!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No problem guys, just wish i'd found it sooner....

Is it easy to do?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
You've probably mentioned this before Mucks, but is there a way of stopping F@H safely part way through a WU so you don't loose it , so you can do a re-boot?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
You've probably mentioned this before Mucks, but is there a way of stopping F@H safely part way through a WU so you don't loose it , so you can do a re-boot?
Yep, use "quit" ... unlike FaD, F@H actually makes a marker after every frame ... at worse you loose 10mins work.

Only use 'sleep' if you are installing something or you want to give your PC a coffee break

If using F@H as a service on Windows, then just shutdown as normal ... the service will be stopped the same as any other service before shutdown ... not sure, but may take a second or two longer to actually shutdown the PC ... ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Quit the program before you reboot. But last time i did that i lost about 8 hours of folding as it didnt start from the last checkpoint.
434.gif

So what i did last night was pause then quit, to play COD2. Then it restarted from the last checkpoint.

I also changed the options a little, i lowered the slider for the frequency for when it makes the checkpoints, dunno if it'll work i am just trying to cover all my bases!! :)

But hopefully i wont have to do that after i get the console installed when i get home this evening. Hopefully

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Thanks guys - just given it a go and didn't loose anything!!:thumb:

Reaction score
Vanilla Radio said:
I am still crunching, but i lost half a WU the other day, when i quit the prog to play games. (Lots of CoD2 atm)

Found this on the Overclocker uk forum, maybe will help my cause.

I am a little nervous about buggering about with it though, but it sounds easy-ish dont it? :)

I seem to have a bit of a big one at the mo.... I mean a WU! :D

When you Quit wait a few mins and that will save what you have done;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
itsme said:
When you Quit wait a few mins and that will save what you have done;)

You'd think so wouldn't you! but i did leave it long enough to go and get a beer out of the fridge!! :p

Reaction score
Vanilla Radio said:
You'd think so wouldn't you! but i did leave it long enough to go and get a beer out of the fridge!! :p

Very strange:confused: I had problems with Fad:( (e-mail address removed) is by far the better:thumb: how far from you is the fridge:D

muckshifter

Reaction score
itsme said:
Very strange:confused: I had problems with Fad:( F@h is by far the better:thumb: how far from you is the fridge:D
He just out reaches one arm and there is the fridge ...

:D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question