Extract All Button for Unzipping Gone.

A

arico

When I compress a folder it compresses, for uncompressing the extract all button is missing.

What I had did?

Recently I opened a zipped file with notepad, since then I cannot uncompress any compressed file, when I right click a compressed file, it gives me an option OPEN WITH that’s to chose either notepad, word pad etc. but I cant find any Extract all button.

Also the logo on this compressed file is of notepad and not the usual zipped folder. No this is happened only in one account I checked it in other account all is fine there. I did not try to open a compressed file with notepad there, due to the fear of losing the uncompressed button.

My laptop model

Acer Aspire 5735
Vista

how should I get back the extract all button?

G

Type regedit in Start, navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.zip
and delete the default value.

--
--

When I compress a folder it compresses, for uncompressing the extract all
button is missing.

What I had did?

Recently I opened a zipped file with notepad, since then I cannot
uncompress any compressed file, when I right click a compressed file, it
gives me an option OPEN WITH that’s to chose either notepad, word pad etc.
but I cant find any Extract all button.

Also the logo on this compressed file is of notepad and not the usual zipped
folder. No this is happened only in one account I checked it in other
account all is fine there. I did not try to open a compressed file with
notepad there, due to the fear of losing the uncompressed button.

My laptop model

Acer Aspire 5735
Vista

how should I get back the extract all button?

A

arico

I after all got the EXTRACT ALL button back, from the popup menu.

After thinking and thinking for an alternate way, that’s without messing up the registry keys, or downloading any other stuff. What I did is, I had a WinZip application ver. 12 trial, I installed it, now the popup window showed in OPEN WITH, notepad, word pad etc, as well as WINZIP on selecting WINZIP it become the default opener, for files, in this submenu of OPEN WITH. Also in the popup menu was other two button one OPEN WITH WINZIP direct and other with many options. I opened few compressed files, and later I uninstalled WINZIP.

Now what I see WOW yea the EXTRACT ALL button is back and the compressed folder icon changed back to zipped folders. The whole operation took around 15 minutes or so.

There it is done.

Thanks for trying to help me out.

Ask a Question