Exporting current active directory and importing into new server

G

I am working for a new client that has several servers including an exchange server running active directory. The reason for the change is the number of errors and problems on the current domain. My question is, If I export active directory user accounts and objects and inport them into the new server will I begin having problems on the new hardware. What is the recommended methodology for making this transition? Are there any utilities available for making this easier? I have been reading about people trying to move computer accounts, any solutions for this? What is the best utility for moving accounts?

G

I'll check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q23767
In answer to previous question, there have been problems creating and deleting objects more in exchange than anywhere else. I have a complete new set of hardware and three weeks to export the AD and make it work. So I want to get with the program as quickly as possible export the AD and test it...if I run into problems I can fall back and punt....If I do that can I export objects into a text format that I can use to reenter the info...including passwords...I have about 400 active users

Ask a Question