EXPAND.EXE problem

Reaction score
http://www.burstnet.com/ads/ad20025...X600A/V=2.3S/BRC=68191/BCPG17840.42667.38056/
4B68
This is what appears to happen.
during the installation of the most current graphics drivers 100.65 Vista, an OLD file nvlddmkm.sys is copied into windows/system32/drivers and not the current one in the install. As a result the new drivers are attempting to access a file dated 11/2006 instead of 2/2007 ver 7.15.11.0065 which is in the newest WHQL driver ver 100.65 vista 32. so it keeps blue screening me

solution...Go to windows/system32/drivers and rename nvlddmkm.sys to
nvlddmkm.sys.old. Go to the nvidia directory and find the file nvlddmkm.sy_
and copy it to windows/system32. Using the cmd window (DOS box) type
EXPAND.EXE nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys. When the expansion is complete, copy the new nvlddmkm.sys to windows/system32/drivers and restart the computer.

now my problem is that when i type EXPAND.EXE nvlddmkm.sy_nvlddmkm.sys. in the cmd prompt i get this error message :no destination specified for: EXPAND.EXE nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys

can anyone tell what i need to do to rectify this thanks in advance..........tubs

Ask a Question