Exclusive Rights

Gary

Hi all,
I have an access 2k database that is operating in multi-
users environment. Sometimes when I attempt to make
changes in forms or reports, I got the message "You don't
have exclusive rights to do so, changes would not be
saved". How can I get myself exclusive rights, so I can do
changes when needed, putting into consideration that I'm
the owner of the database and I gave the users permissions
to it through security workgroup.

Thanks,
Gary

Eric Butts [MSFT]

Hi Gary,

The Object model of Microsoft Access 2000 has changed from Access 97
whereby you are required to have exclusive rights to the database to make
and save design changes.

See for details:
Exclusive lock is required for saving design changes to Access objects in
Access 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;200290

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support
(e-mail address removed)
"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."