    locations from Windows Defender? The current available adm does not include
    that functionality.
    Thanks.

    JC Creque, Dec 4, 2007

  2. JC Creque

    Stu Guest

    What is Adm in this context?

    Stu

    Stu, Dec 5, 2007

  3. JC Creque

    Dave M Guest

    Stu;

    ..ADM files are template files that are used by Group Policies to describe
    where registry-based policy settings are stored in the registry. ADM files
    also describe the user interface that administrators see in the Group
    Policy Object Editor snap-in. Group Policy Object Editor is used by
    administrators when they create or modify Group Policy objects (GPOs).
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816662

    Use notepad to edit (look at) your C:WINDOWS/inf/windowsdefender.adm file,
    scroll to the bottom and you'll see the explanations for the GPO controls.
    Close that notepad window without saving when your through. I know what it
    does, but have never done it, so perhaps a Sysadmin can add more...
    --

    Regards, Dave

    Dave M, Dec 5, 2007
  4. JC Creque

    JC Creque Guest

    adm file as in group polify adm file.

    JC Creque, Dec 5, 2007
  5. JC Creque

    JC Creque Guest

    The current Group Policy file for windows defender does not any options for
    file or folder exclusions. I was wondering if someone created a custom
    policy file or had some script to handle exclusions.

    JC Creque, Dec 5, 2007
  6. JC Creque

    Stu Guest

    Hi Dave M

    OK and thank you for the explanation kind sir. I`ll do that. Education is a
    wonderful thing ;)

    Stu

    Stu, Dec 5, 2007
  7. JC Creque

    Stu Guest

    The only advice I have seen on here relating to your issue has been a
    recommendation to take a look at MS Forefront Client Security.

    http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/clientsecurity/default.mspx

    Stu

    Stu, Dec 5, 2007