Exchange 5.5 on 2000 Server Problem

G

First off thank to anyone that responds

Installed Exchange Server 5.5 on a Windows 2000 Server machine. Have been running this configuration for about 2 years now. Formatted the machine and joined a Domain(server 2003 domain). Previously this machine was a standalone. Now when the machine boots Im getting load of errors. I cant open the error messages in the event veiwer. Went in services and it says cant connect to the this machine. Say connect and it goes into services. I notice that the Remote Procedure Call service is not started. If I start this back I can then open the errors in the event viewer. They are generally about the IMS

Any ideas what is wrong. Like I said this setup has been running fine for 2 years the only change is adding this machine to a domain which happens to be Server 2003.

G

is the machine a dc or member? what ldap port is 5.5 using.. by default it uses 389 which is also used by active directory. try changing it to 390.

Ask a Question