Excel Excel??

Reaction score
Not sure what formula I should be using here.

If Column G on Sheet 2, matches Column P on sheet 1, insert the contents of Column A on sheet 2?!

Reaction score
Do you want this work on a row by row basis? Like if you find a match for Sheet2!G2 in Sheet1!P2, show it in Sheet2!A2? Or do you just want to show the same thing in Sheet2!A2 that is in Sheet2!G2 if there is a match anywhere in Column P on Sheet 1? Let me know what, exactly, you're looking for and I'll see if I can whip something up for you.

Reaction score
Basically if P and G match, insert the number thats in Column A
I think its a very simple vlookup, but I just cant get it, and think Ive just frazzled myself so much now.
See example

Attachments

• excel example.JPG
    excel example.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 136
Reaction score
Okay, I'm a bit confused, myself, at this point. If there is a match in Column P on sheet 1 and Column G on Sheet 2, you want to insert the number from Column A on Sheet 2 where?

Reaction score
Sheet 1 q
U can see I was 'trying' to do it in Sheet 2 on the attachement I put up but ideally sheet 1, column q is where I want to put it.

Reaction score
You can look at my explanation of a VLOOKUP in your previous post to see why that won't work. The matching value for the Lookup Value needs to be in the far left column of the Table Array, so you would need to move your data around to use a VLOOKUP. To make a formula in your current format, it will take a bit more work.

Last edited:

Ask a Question