Excel worksheets auto-incremeting question

Anne

If you have time, I do need some help on an Excel issue. Let me describe what
I need to happen in Excel. I will build an Excel workbook with a number of
specific worksheets. The first worksheet of the workbook will only be a place
to enter or download information over and over. Each time new information is
entered in the various cells, the old information should be overwritten. The
various cells in the first work sheet relate to cells in the other worksheets
in the workbook. What I need to happen is for these cells in the other
worksheets to populate each time but to increment to the next available cell.
In other words, there should be no overwriting of prior entries. I cannot
figure out how to make this happen. I hope that I have explained my issue
clearly. If not, please let me know.

dan dungan

Hi Anne,

Do either of the followinng ideas help from December 2009?

I need a macro that will copy Cell C3 from one sheet and add it to
another sheet starting at A5. If A5 already has something in it then
use A6

Dan

Had a typo:

Sub dk()
Dim lr As Long, sh As Worksheet, sh2 As Worksheet
Set sh = Sheets("Sheet1")
Set sh2 = Sheets("Sheet2")
lr = sh2.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
If sh2.Range("A5") = "" Then
sh.Range("C3").Copy sh2.Range("A5")
Else
sh.Range("C3").Copy sh2.Range("A" & lr+1)
End If
End Sub

Sub dk()
Dim lr As Long, sh As Worksheet, sh2 As Worksheet
Set sh = Sheets("Sheet1")
Set sh2 = Sheets("Sheet2")
lr = sh2.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
If shw.Range("A5") = "" Then
sh.Range("C3").Copy sh2.Range("A5")
Else
sh.Range("C3").Copy sh2.Range("A" & lr+1)
End If
End Sub
Change the sheet names to suit.

6. Don Guillett

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming
From: "Don Guillett" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:58:19 -0600
Subject: Re: Copy cell of one sheet to another sheet

Try this. Modify sheet name to suit

Sub copyc3toothersheet()
With Sheets("sheet14")
If Len(Application.Trim(.Range("a5"))) < 1 Then
lr = 5
Else
lr = .Cells(4, "a").End(xlDown).Row + 1
End If
'MsgBox lr
Range("c3").Copy .Cells(lr, "a")
End With
End Sub

Anne

Thanks, Dan, I'll definitely check it out and see if I can get that to work.
I appreciate it.