Excel Excel sort problem ??

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I run a fantasy football comp at work , using the same scoring system and rules as the S** newspaper. On page 1 i have a list of all the players my entrants have , on page 2 i have a list of all the entrants and their players current scores , on page 3 i have the current League Table . All these pages are updated just by changing the values of the players scoring on page 1 . Now what i need (because i am so lazy) is a formula i can put in page 3 that automatically updates the table...i currently have to sort and paste manually ??

Any ideas ??

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Does anyone want to see the folder containing all the data..? my explanation might be not as good as it should !!

I can email it ??

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
What information do you have to paste and sort? You may be able to record a macro to do that for you.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Here goes. on page 3 In column A i have positions 1 to 32 , in column B The total score of each team , in colum C The teams names and in column D The Players names. When page 1 is updated i have to sort the table so that column B is updated by most points to least points.

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
Rush said:
When page 1 is updated i have to sort the table so that column B is updated by most points to least points.
So you want to sort by column B after you update page (sheet) 1. Well, that's not too difficult so I guess you are being lazy wanting to automate it :D (just kidding, I'd do the same thing :thumb: ).

I think a simple macro is easiest. You can record yourself doing it once, add a button to the toolbar and then assign the macro to the button. Then, next time you update sheet 1 you can click the button and it will automatically sort sheet 3 by column B ;)

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
No problem, hope you get it sorted out. Sorry I couldn't give a more detailed, step by step explanation. Macros are cool but if you've never done one before you have to do some trial and error, even when recording them.

Post back if you need more help :)

Ask a Question