Excel "Getting Started" immediately goes away

Joe M

Running Excel 2003. Normally when I start Excel, a new document is
presented, along with a "Getting Started" section out on the right, which
offers choices of MS Office Online, and a selection of a few of my most
recently opened documents to select. The Getting Started would stay present
until I chose a new document. Today, when I start Excel, the Getting Started
flashes up and then immediately goes away, all I get is a new document. How
can I get this back to function the way it used to? FYI, when I start Word,
the Getting Started works normally. Thanks,

Joe

Jim Cone

Try...
On the Edit menu click the "Task Pane" item.
Or use the keyboard... Ctrl + F1
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Joe M"
wrote in message
Running Excel 2003. Normally when I start Excel, a new document is
presented, along with a "Getting Started" section out on the right, which
offers choices of MS Office Online, and a selection of a few of my most
recently opened documents to select. The Getting Started would stay present
until I chose a new document. Today, when I start Excel, the Getting Started
flashes up and then immediately goes away, all I get is a new document. How
can I get this back to function the way it used to? FYI, when I start Word,
the Getting Started works normally. Thanks,
Joe

Joe M

Thanks for the reply. Ctrl/F1 and View-->Task Pane does bring it back, which
I appreciate but why does it go away instantly? Is there some setting to get
this back?

Joe