Excel for Customer History Records

lthpilot

Hello, can anyone direct me to an existing template that can be used to track
customer enquiries and feedback. It needs an efficient way of recording
follow up & response conversations. In a standard workbook layout if you type
loads of text into a column (say 'follow up' for instance), it pushes all the
rows so far down the spreadsheet it quickly becomes unwieldy. If anyone can
help I could e mail an example of what we're using now (awful) and after
having a chuckle at our expense maybe you can suggest something more
appropriate. We're running 2003.
Many thanks

Jim Cone

Excel is not really suited to this type of use and any Excel templates you
might find are still going to be Excel.
However, you might try turning off "Wrap Text" and resizing the rows.
Each cell would then have to be selected in order to read the text...
Format (menu) | Cells | Alignment (tab)

I suspect the telemarketing industry has many programs available to make
your task easier - just don't call me.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"lthpilot"
wrote in message
Hello, can anyone direct me to an existing template that can be used to track
customer enquiries and feedback. It needs an efficient way of recording
follow up & response conversations. In a standard workbook layout if you type
loads of text into a column (say 'follow up' for instance), it pushes all the
rows so far down the spreadsheet it quickly becomes unwieldy. If anyone can
help I could e mail an example of what we're using now (awful) and after
having a chuckle at our expense maybe you can suggest something more
appropriate. We're running 2003.
Many thanks

gls858

lthpilot said:
Hello, can anyone direct me to an existing template that can be used to track
customer enquiries and feedback. It needs an efficient way of recording
follow up & response conversations. In a standard workbook layout if you type
loads of text into a column (say 'follow up' for instance), it pushes all the
rows so far down the spreadsheet it quickly becomes unwieldy. If anyone can
help I could e mail an example of what we're using now (awful) and after
having a chuckle at our expense maybe you can suggest something more
appropriate. We're running 2003.
Many thanks

A much better idea would be to use a CRM (customer relationship
mgmt)package. A very common one is ACT but I'm sure there are many
others. Sometimes you're money ahead to buy something off the shelf
than try and re invent the wheel.

gls858