Excel excel crashes when trying to save in vista

Reaction score
every time i try to save a work sheet in excel it comes up with

Microsoft has stopped working

a problem has caused the program to stop working correctly
windows will now close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

this is driving me nutts...GRRRRR

Please help

Mikey

vista os
Mcafee anti virus

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Which version of office are you using?

Assuming it's 2007, try a "detect and repair" by going to the following app on the start menu:

Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools > Microsoft Office Diagnostics

It will run lots of diagnostics and then repair any files that are having problems :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
err, ver 2000 and up all have the "repair" feature ... is it a feature?

Just go to the help menu ... dunno if it'll actually work though.

:user:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, they've all got it but Office 2007 makes you need to go via the start menu as there isn't a help menu on the new ribbon bar interface (there might be another way to do it within Office 2007, but it will take me a few years to find it on the new menu system :lol: )

Reaction score
Ian, with respect, surely as a rocket scientist you should realise that pressing the F1 key in any Office product brings up Help ? Alternatively, just above the ribbon, where the buttons to close, maximise or minimise the worksheet are (not tyhe ones at the top for the application), there is a ? button for help !! - white on a circular blue background.

(All right, I'm ducking - should know better than to take even a freindly pop at an Adminsitrator !!)

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
:lol: :D

That does bring up the help popup, but the detect and repair feature up to Office 2007 has been on the help menu on the toolbar, not in the help popup ;)

Ask a Question