Excel Charts

G

I am pasting a number of Excel charts into a word document which, to make them bigger in print, are placed on Landscape pages whereas the rest of the report is in Portrait. This is no problem with Section breaks etc,

I paste the Excel chart as an embedded feature, do some minor formatting of the chart to make it fit the page and look nicer, then cut and repaste as an Enhanced Metafile to save space. I then apply top and bottom word wrap

Problems
- the enhanced metafile repaste chops off the right-hand edge of the chart
- i don't know how to force the chart (and others that follow) to fall into the same margins etc and line up.

Perhaps someone knows a better approach, but I would prefer to keep the ability to format the chart (as an embedded Excel object) while it is sitting in the Word document

Cheer

Claudio

C

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi =?Utf-8?B?Q19SYW5pZXJp?=,
I am pasting a number of Excel charts into a word document which, to make them bigger
in print, are placed on Landscape pages whereas the rest of the report is in Portrait.
This is no problem with Section breaks etc,.
I paste the Excel chart as an embedded feature, do some minor formatting of the chart
to make it fit the page and look nicer, then cut and repaste as an Enhanced Metafile to
save space. I then apply top and bottom word wrap.
Problems:
- the enhanced metafile repaste chops off the right-hand edge of the charts
- i don't know how to force the chart (and others that follow) to fall into the same margins etc and line up.

Perhaps someone knows a better approach, but I would prefer to keep the ability to
format the chart (as an embedded Excel object) while it is sitting in the Word
document.You might try

1. Formatting the original Excel chart to the correct size

2. Copy as a PICTURE from Excel (hold down Shift, click on Edit)

3. I also advise against using any Word wrap. Leave the object in-line with the text,
in its own paragraph.

I don't understand the problem you refer to in your second point. "Fall into the same
margins"? But I think if you follow my advice in (3) you'll get that under control...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Sep 30 2003)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in the
newsgroup and not by e-mail :)

Ask a Question