Excel 97 - Excel 2003 Macros

Does anyone have any good resources for converting Excel 97 macros to 2003?

I have a spreadsheet that was programmed back in 1999 with tons of macros
and functions. I need a resource that I can go through and determine what has
been replaced or not supported.

The issue that brought this up was the fact that in some of the users Excel
2003, the pages are not lining up the same as in Excel 97 or even identical
installs of Excell 2003.

If anyone is intersted in seeing the file, let me know, I can email it to
you.

Jim Cone

Assume you are talking about the size of a printed page...
Does everyone use the same printer?
Does everyone use the same printer driver/version?
Does everyone use the same font, font size and row height?
Does everyone use the same monitor with identical settings?

As a general rule, vba code written in XL 97 will produce identical results in XL2003.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Robert Gile"
wrote in message
Does anyone have any good resources for converting Excel 97 macros to 2003?
I have a spreadsheet that was programmed back in 1999 with tons of macros
and functions. I need a resource that I can go through and determine what has
been replaced or not supported.
The issue that brought this up was the fact that in some of the users Excel
2003, the pages are not lining up the same as in Excel 97 or even identical
installs of Excell 2003.
If anyone is intersted in seeing the file, let me know, I can email it to
you.

Assume you are talking about the size of a printed page...
Yes in print preview, 3 rows are moved to the next page making 8 total pages
rather than 6
Does everyone use the same printer?
Yes, you tried changing the printer to another brand/type, even a PDF
printer, no change
Does everyone use the same printer driver/version? Yes, all pull from the server
Does everyone use the same font, font size and row height? Yes, this all in the macros
Does everyone use the same monitor with identical settings?
No, I have some on 24", 19 and 20" LCDs and one on CRT. The CRT user and
another LCD user are working. But screen resolution shouldn't affect this,
right? I means its more pointing to a size calculation difference.

When I hold the correct and incorrect printouts side by side, the incorrect
page's cells appear to be larger, even though this is set in the macros. Also
note that all users on Excel 2003, same patch level [WSUS every night] and
that when I install Excel 97, the spreadsheets preveiw correctly on a
computer that previews them incorrectly in Excel 2003.

Jim Cone

You have checked the header/footer and top/bottom margin settings
to see if they are the same?

Are you absolutely sure that the row height for ALL rows is set to a specific size?
Setting all the rows to the "StandardHeight" will not guarantee cross version compatibility.
If the default font size in XL97 is different than that in XL2003 then the
default (standard) row height is probably different.