Excel 2007 with macros and Apple

RobN

Hi,

This may be the wrong newsgroup to ask so if that's the case, can someone
please advise details of the correct newsgroup.

I have created a 2007 vs workbook with macros (.xlsm) and I have someone
using an Apple computer - with Office version 2008 installed. It seems that
Microsoft Visual Basic macros are not compatible, although it seems to
suggest that there is a way to save the file so that they can be used.
Apple suggest to save the file as .xlsm, but that is already the case. The
macros have either been removed or made inactive. I don't know anything
about Apple software so I don't even know how to get into the VB area to see
what's going on.

Is there an easy solution to this?

Rob

Jim Cone

There is no VBA in Office 2008 (mac). There was some talk that MS would put it back in the next release?
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"RobN" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Hi,

This may be the wrong newsgroup to ask so if that's the case, can someone
please advise details of the correct newsgroup.

I have created a 2007 vs workbook with macros (.xlsm) and I have someone
using an Apple computer - with Office version 2008 installed. It seems that
Microsoft Visual Basic macros are not compatible, although it seems to
suggest that there is a way to save the file so that they can be used.
Apple suggest to save the file as .xlsm, but that is already the case. The
macros have either been removed or made inactive. I don't know anything
about Apple software so I don't even know how to get into the VB area to see
what's going on.

Is there an easy solution to this?

Rob

RobN

Thanks Mike. Very disappointing to hear that, but all may not be lost if
they bring it back in the next version.

Rob