Exact Audio Copy

Frank Bohan

<quote>

EAC is a new audio grabber for CD-ROM drives. The main differences between
most other audio grabbers :

The cost of registration is low (just a postcard and a stamp)

It works with a new technology, reading audio CDs almost perfectly. If there
are any errors that can't be corrected, it will tell you on which time
position the (possible) distortion occurred, so you could easily control it
with e.g. the media player

</quote>

http://www.exactaudiocopy.org/

===

Frank Bohan
¶ Writing about art is like dancing about architecture.

Susan Bugher

Frank said:
<quote>

EAC is a new audio grabber for CD-ROM drives. The main differences between
most other audio grabbers :

http://www.exactaudiocopy.org/

lessee. . . PL2005 PL2004 PL2003 PL2002 PL2001

I wonder when the author is going to stop calling Exact Audio Copy (EAC)
a "new audio grabber". ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

dadiOH

Susan said:
I wonder when the author is going to stop calling Exact Audio Copy
(EAC) a "new audio grabber". ;)

When it gets out of beta :)

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Eric Huebner

Am Mon, 6 Mar 2006 13:48:11 -0000 schrieb Frank Bohan:
<quote>

EAC is a new audio grabber for CD-ROM drives. The main differences between
most other audio grabbers :

The cost of registration is low (just a postcard and a stamp)

It works with a new technology, reading audio CDs almost perfectly. If there
are any errors that can't be corrected, it will tell you on which time
position the (possible) distortion occurred, so you could easily control it
with e.g. the media player

</quote>

http://www.exactaudiocopy.org/

===

Frank Bohan
¶ Writing about art is like dancing about architecture.

Please read this before switching to the newest version:

"The german magazin c't published an article whether EAC is or is not
violating a german law against circumvention of copy protections on audio
CDs. Some of the experts they asked had the opinion that the function of
retrieving the native TOC is working at the limit of legality, at best. Due
to that article and to eliminate any possibility of legal problems, I
decided to remove that function (although I am pretty sure that it is
absolutely legal). I always try to make sure to be fully compliant with
german law, even if I would interpret the law absolutely differently.
Anyway, there are at least some few bug-fixes in this update, e.g. creating
an image having the artist and CD title as filename will now show the file
dialog properly when special characters are used.
For the next version it is still planned to add test & copy of CD images
and for the version after that I will try to implement Unicode support for
freedb queries and main window display and edit.
I am sorry about all this, but please understand my point of view."

Sheldon

I can't figure out how to have it ask the freedb for the names of the
tracks; it keeps objecting that the genre is worng, the disc title is
wrong, etc etc etc

Also: if I extract audio with EAC, how do I burn it to an audio disc with
Feurio?

Thanks.

S.O. Meone

Eric Huebner said:
"The german magazin c't published an article whether EAC is or is not
violating a german law against circumvention of copy protections on audio
CDs. Some of the experts they asked had the opinion that the function of
retrieving the native TOC is working at the limit of legality, at best. Due
to that article and to eliminate any possibility of legal problems, I
decided to remove that function.[...]"

The previous, uncrippled, version can be downloaded here:

EAC V0.95 beta 3:

http://www.dachboden-wg.de/dlm/download2.php?id=239
(German site; click on "Downloaden"; I had to turn off Proxomitron)

Grab it while you can.

S.O. Meone

ms

S.O. Meone said:
"The german magazin c't published an article whether EAC is or is not
violating a german law against circumvention of copy protections on audio
CDs. Some of the experts they asked had the opinion that the function of
retrieving the native TOC is working at the limit of legality, at best. Due
to that article and to eliminate any possibility of legal problems, I
decided to remove that function.[...]"

The previous, uncrippled, version can be downloaded here:

EAC V0.95 beta 3:

http://www.dachboden-wg.de/dlm/download2.php?id=239
(German site; click on "Downloaden"; I had to turn off Proxomitron)

Grab it while you can.

S.O. Meone

The German language site didn't work for me, in Google found sites, that version
comes up- dead link?

Mike Sa

Duddits

snippy

Thanks, Dud.

But what browser are you using?

I went there in Firefox 1.0.5, then enabled Javascript and images, only see a text
line across the top, and else blank screen?

Mike Sa

Firefox 1.5.0.1

Dud

Sheldon

I can't figure out how to have it ask the freedb for the names of the
tracks; it keeps objecting that the genre is worng, the disc title is
wrong, etc etc etc

Also: if I extract audio with EAC, how do I burn it to an audio disc
with Feurio?

Thanks.

S.O. Meone

The German language site didn't work for me, in Google found sites, that version
comes up- dead link?

Works fine here, but only in IE for some reason.

S.O. Meone