Event viewer problems

yvqkck

Every time I try to look at the security logs, event
viewer closes itself and logs a Dr. Watson 4097 error in
the application log. The error states that the application
mmc.exe generated an application error. It gives the date
an time of the error and that the error was generated at
c0000005 at address 7C4EE38E (CompareStringW).

Has anyone here ran into a similar problem?? I would
appreciate any help on this problem.

Maria Joseph

The Microsoft Management Console (MMC) is crashing.
You can download mmc from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=23156e63-f5df-46e0-
aac2-dc2dc8bbb5e7&DisplayLang=en

Best regards,